Guys, I’m not joking here, these cookies are serious bad boys.
I’ve made them about four times in the last month (since discovering this recipe and making some adjustments) and each time I have altered it slightly moreso (can I say that as a word now? Google says yes but my spell check says no…) until I’ve found the perfect combination for chewy, soft, delicious and simply, the BEST chocolate chip cookies.
When I say that these are the best chocolate chip cookies ever, I am not saying that lightly. I have had so many compliments about these cookies now that I’m convinced I’ve untapped something sacred, like unicorn glitter dust, and so it is my duty to share it with one and all!
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER
Calories per serving: 215
120g unsalted butter
2 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
200g plain white flour
150g brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
Half tsp sea salt
160g chocolate (dark, milk, whatever you want!)
100ml 1.5% milk
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C and place a sheet of tin foil over your baking tray.
2. Start out with your ingredients by browning the butter. To do this, you put the butter in a saucepan and let it melt, then froth up and bubble until you can see brown specks on the bottom of the pan. Add in the bourbon vanilla extract and let it sit to cool.
3. Add all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix them up and then add in the two eggs. I advise whisking (lightly) your eggs together first to speed up this process.
4. Add your butter and vanilla mix with the rest of the ingredients and stir. Stirring this all together can sometimes be a little challenging, so this is a good time to add in the milk. Your mix should now resemble a thick paste.
5. Chop up your chocolate and throw it into the mix too, ensuring you stir it in thoroughly and evenly.
6. Using a spoon, separate the dough out onto the baking tray you prepared earlier and be careful to leave plenty of space between each piece of dough. These bad boys really know how to expand!
7. Pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you want the outside of the cookie to be.
(Bonus Step: This is where you lick the bowl… obvs.)
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
Best served with a glass of milk and an episode of your favourite TV show for ultimate indulgence!